Friday 6 March 2015

An introduction to the mad house

I have just recently turned 30, Jimmy and I finally tied the knot in January of this year and University has just started up for another year.

As I look out my window onto my beautiful property, with a blob of ducks sleeping all together in the shade next to the old rusty wheel barrow, I look back onto my life and retrace all the steps that lead me to this specific point in time in this specific place. 

The journey has been interesting to say the least; and I can say without a doubt in my mind, I have not wasted my 30 years on this planet. I have done so many things in my life already to date, and if I were to die tomorrow, I seriously do not think I would have any regrets. 

Yes, I have done some stupid things and I have made a hundred and one mistakes, but as I look out my window, I know all the good and the bad has lead me here. 

My Jimmy and I have been living on our 5 acre property for almost a year now. And one hell of a year it has been! 

Moving from a 4 bedroom suburban home with 2 dogs, 3 cats and 6 hens into a 5 acre property sounds like an easy and exciting time in a woman's life. However moving house with a prepper is a totally different story! 

It was mid semester of first year Veterinary Technicians course and I was stressing my tits off. It had been forever since I left high school and to be honest I never thought I was smart enough to even be considered into University. 

But I had made it in and I was bloody well determined to do well and somehow get through it all.

Mid semester we moved house and all I asked of my Jimmy was to have a study set up as soon as possible........ Well......... That didn't really happen.

We were moving into a SMALL 3 bedroom house from a 4 bedroom house, and I have learned the hard way that being a prepper meant that you were a hoarder as well.

Three of the bedrooms in the suburban house was FULL of my Jimmy's preps and the garage was full to the brim of things that I like to call "random crap." 

........ Well that was all to come with us........ A garage sale was out of the question....... *sigh*

Moving house sucks for 'normal' people; moving house with my Jimmy is hell on earth. The new house was full to the brim of boxes and random crap that had no place in a house. And this is after we filled up the two car garage!

"All I want is to have the study set up as soon as possible".................... *sigh*


Throughout the year up until only a few months ago, I have been trying to make the house 'livable'. That is, have a kitchen, lounge room, bed room and bathroom accessible and clean - Liveable, you know? 

Well it has been an uphill battle of patience, love and A LOT of compromise. 

Looking back at the year, my Jimmy and I have been tested time and time again, and we got through it with flying colours. Our relationship is still as loving and beautiful as ever, and I think after this year we are stronger than ever....... And understand each other a lot better than ever before. 

Through-out my blogs I will be illustrating to you all all of the projects we have done, the successes and the all important failures we have been through. I will talk to you about all about our beautiful animals that my Jimmy and I love to bits and our plans for the future in regards to self sufficiency, prepping, animal welfare, land regeneration, etc, etc, etc......

I will also add in a little preppers romance to spice it all up a bit. ;)

Have a great day. 
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment