Saturday 7 March 2015

The beginning

I love my Jimmy, he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. If he hadn't come into my life I would probably be living in a city with a job I hate, inhabiting a tiny apartment with noisy neighbors and a suicide note by my bed.

I can say to you all, without a doubt in my mind, that Jimmy saved me from myself. I was an absolute wreck before he intruded into my life. I was depressed, filled with anxiety, always drunk, my friends had turned their backs on me, my family were three days drive away, and my shitty job made it all one hundred times worse.

I was alone, miserable, and very self destructive. This is a point in my life where I can honestly say I hit rock bottom. There are details in this bad time in my life where I just cannot discuss with you all. I am ashamed, saddened, and disgusted in both myself and the so called friends that should have helped me through these days.

And then Jimmy came along.

In the beginning I didn't care for him at all. Well how could I? I didn't even care about myself. I spent a lot of my time trying to think up things that I could do, to try and get him to bugger off. When we ate dinner I would burp, fart and try and do several disgusting things to repulse him. I would be obnoxious, rude and volatile. Jimmy became my punching bag; a way for me to lash out at something because I was so screwed up.

And yet, he still stuck around..........

He tells me today, that he could tell that I was in a bad place and he could see that I needed help. On the occasion he said the nice side of me would come out and that's what kept him coming back.

Today, I am very ashamed of how I treated him. I was an epic bitch. So I have vowed to spend the rest of my life to make him happy and treat him just as good (if not better) as he has treated me in the past.

I am incredibly lucky to have my Jimmy in my life. He is the best person I know and I love him so very much.

So, here I am living on 5 acres with the man of my dreams and I could not be happier.

However, it just so happens that the man of my dreams is a prepper and a hoarder........ I'm not going to say it is necessarily a bad thing, it just makes life that little bit more........ interesting........

In the front yard there is an area where he puts a lot of the random things he finds. These include old fridges that don't work, several toilets, old fences, corrugated iron sheets, pipes, random scrap pieces of wood, etc, etc, etc.

It looks like a dump, but he is very pleased with it........ *sigh*........... What makes him even happier is that he got 99% of it for free...... He loves 'Gumtree' (to readers outside of Australia, Gumtree is an online 'garage/yard sale' and there is a section in it where people give things away).

The dump in the front yard is for his collections that he doesn't mind being exposed to the weather. We also have a shipping container on the property for things that need protection from the weather, that is full to the brim of his collections and the garage is also packed to the rafters.

It makes him so happy collecting all of these things, and I must admit, he is slowly pulling me into his world of madness.

I now spend a lot of my time trying to think of uses for the things he collects. For instance, we have an old run down van that has been sitting on the property for a few months now and we have decided to make it into a chicken coop. I am lucky I have a creative flair, because I believe that with all the things he collects we can find a use for it. We just need to find the time.

Time is the killer.
Jimmy works 5 days a week and I have Uni.

Well, on that note, I should probably dash. Jimmy is out the back in the heat, working on the van/coop and I am being very lazy typing away on the computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment